Wednesday, January 26, 2011

National Surf Tournament Jaco Beach


This past weekend, in Jaco Beach, siblings Luis and Lisbeth Vindas took first place in the first tournament of the national surf competition. Luis defended his national title from last year by dominating the men’s division, while sister Lisbeth won the women’s division by 0.33 points. She said the competition was very difficult due to her lack of time spent training but because she has a home in Jaco Beach she knows the waves very well.

The next tournament will be held in Palo Seco, Parrita, on February 26th and 27th in front of Hotel La Isla.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this news with us Piper, I would really love to attend one of these soon. I used to surf a little as a child plus I always wanted to go to Jaco beach because I've had some friends go and they said it was awesome. I'm definitely going to look into doing this sometime early next year.

    ReplyDelete