Thursday, December 3, 2009











So, the Tope (a traditional parade/party of horses) is coming up in Jaco this Saturday. Naturally I will be attending because my main love in life is my horses. I am posting some pictures of last years tope for you all to see what’s expected. This year it should be bigger than last year. I will be making Sangria for the tailgate party.

Here is a recipe for Sangria:

Two bottles of Red Wine
1 quart orange juice
3 cups of finely chopped watermelon
2 cups of finely chopped grapes
3 cups of finely chopped pineapple
4 shots of gin
Three tablespoons of brown sugar
2 quart bottle of ginger ale

The night before combine everything except the ginger ale and chill in the refrigerator. For serving pour 1/3 cup or ½ cup of ginger ale and fill the rest with the chilled sangria. Yum!

If you happened to read this blog and are at the Tope tailgate party which is located where the horses are unloaded and the Tope begins (Across from Maxibodega). So, if you come and mention this blog you can sip on Sangria with me.

1 comment:

  1. and here is my recipe for la goma
    take three or four glasses of Piper's special trojan sangria (with Gin! like an long island ice tea but more insidious) at around miday in the hot sun. add two hours of tope and maybe a rock ice limon or two. voila ! la goma.

    ReplyDelete